Statement of Faith
UNIVERSITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a ministry of University Baptist Church, University Christian School aligns with the following statement of faith:
1. In the verbal inspiration of the sixty-six books of the Bible in its original writings and that it is without error and is the sole authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. There is only one true God, existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are co-eternal and co-equal from all eternity, each with distinct personalities but of one essence.
3. That Adam was created without sin but fell by disobedience and thus the whole race fell and is by nature spiritually dead and lost.
4. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, co-existent with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and that He came to the world, born of a virgin, shed His blood on Calvary as a vicarious substitute for all sin, that He was buried and rose again bodily and ascended to the right hand of the Father.
5. In the Person and work of the Holy Spirit which includes conviction of sin, regeneration of sinners, and indwelling believers.
6. That a soul is saved when Christ is accepted as personal Savior and Lord and the Holy Spirit imparts eternal life.
7. That it is the plan of God for each believer to walk after the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
8. In the eternal preservation and therefore the eternal perseverance of the saints.
9. In the immersion of the believer in water to signify His death, burial, and resurrection and the believer’s identification with Him.
10. That a New Testament Church is a local group of baptized believers united for His purpose and the knowledge and spread of the Word including worldwide missions. We believe that it is completely self-determining, and responsible only to Christ, the Head of the church. We believe it to be completely independent with no other person, group, or body having any authority, right, or intervention, or control in any form whatsoever over or within a local church. The Lord’s Supper and baptism of the believer by immersion constitute the only two ordinances of the church.
11. In the Pre-millennial Second Coming of the Lord, in the bodily resurrection of the righteous dead at His coming, and in an endless Heaven for all the redeemed and an endless punishment for all the lost.
12. That in the beginning God created mankind in His image and is not in any sense the product of evolution. Mankind was originally created with the ability to live perfectly for God’s glory.
13. That the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in single, exclusive union. God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
14. That all human life is sacred and created by God in his image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of University Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Executive Board is the final authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.